June 4, 2018

Disney's Olaf Themed Birthday

When I plan my kid's birthday parties, I don't just pick the most popular theme of the season. I always try and pick a theme for something that they are most interested in---hence why my 4 year old had a pirate themed party 2 years in a row. My youngest son really isn't into one single thing like his brother is, but he does have a love for Mickey and Olaf, and because I feel like Mickey parties are WAYYY overdone I decided to throw an Olaf party. The theme was so much fun to work with and really can be done in any season so the options are endless. It wasn't a hint girly if that's what you are thinking because it wasn't a Frozen party...just Olaf!

The invitation was very simple and featured Olaf and Sven inviting everyone to "come chill and celebrate" our littlest guy turning 2. Blue, white, and black were the colors and they are so easy to plan around. You can find so many great ideas on Pinterest, which is where a lot of my inspiration came from, and then I pieced everything together. I have my own Etsy shop, so I make the invitations and anything else that adds decor or small touches to the setup.

Cake and cookies were from local friends...how cute were they?! Here is a look at the food, decor, and fun that was had by everyone.

Small Bites
We didn't serve anything extravagant and had just the right amount of small bites to eat. Like I said before, this theme is so easy to work with!
  • Olaf's Noses (carrot sticks)
  • Olaf's Arms (pretzel sticks)
  • Sven's Snacks (fruit tray/cheese & cracker platter)
  • Blue Ice (blue jello cubes)
  • Han's and Anna's Sandwiches (little cuban sandwiches)
  • Love Experts (meatballs)




Cake & Cookies
The cake is always where I spend the most money, I love an amazing cake...and isn't this one just PERFECT?!





Party Favors
I sent everyone home with a marshmallow Olaf to make. To make these you would need:
  • 3 medium sized marshmallows
  • 2 small marshmallows (for feet)
  • 2 pretzels (arms)
  • Orange Tic Tac (nose)
  • 5 mini chocolate chips for buttons and eyes
  • Toothpicks to hold the marshmallows together
We had a few left over and my kids loved putting them together for an after dinner snack.





Party Banners
I always make banners for my kid's parties. I also like having a picture banner to show how much they have grown over the years!





We had so much fun celebrating our little man turning TWO, and I think he enjoyed himself as well! We rented a bounce house and lucked out with having beautiful weather for which we were able to have the house opened up. Until next year!








Being a Disney family, most of our birthday party themes have been Disney.

For our oldest:
1st birthday - UP themed (see here!)
2nd birthday - Buzz Lightyear - TWO Infinity & Beyond
3rd birthday - Pirates of the Caribbean - Sailing the High Threes (see here!)
4th birthday - repeat of his 3rd because he STILL obsesses over Pirates.

Youngest:
1st birthday - Wild ONE (not Disney)
2nd birthday - Olaf

What are you favorite kid's birthday themes??















No comments:

Post a Comment